Branched-Chain Amino Acids otherwise known as BCAA are the essential amino acids, which are not produced naturally in the body. BCAAs are important because they help stimulate weight loss, enhance muscle gains, increase endurance and improve workout results.
The BCAAs are considered as the building blocks of protein, they majorly consist of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. These essential amino acids are important as they help individuals to get the additional proteins needed during bodybuilding to build muscles.
There are hundreds of different BCAA supplements available in the market, there are different combinations of supplements that are offered under different brands. The BCAA supplements differ based on nutrients content and flavours as well.
Here we have reviewed the 10 Best BCAA supplements that you can buy to increase muscle gains, enhance weight loss and ensure best bodybuilding results. Going through the cost, ingredients or nutrient content and other supplement content, we have prepared a list of BCAA products that shall be most suitable for you.
1. Scivation XTEND Original BCAA Powder
The Scivation XTEND BCAA powder is the best-rated BCAA powder supplements. If you are looking for some quick energy boost before, during or after workout, this is the best option.
One scoop serving contains 13.5gms of XTEND BCAA powder and it has 7gms of pure BCAA i.e. 3500mg of Leucine, 1750mg of Isoleucine and 1750mg of Valine combined with other Vitamins and electrolytes.
Other ingredients included in this BCAA are Vitamin B6 (Pyrodoxidine HCL), L-Glutamine (2.5gms per serving) and CitrullineMalate (1gm per serving) and a bunch of electrolytes. The combination of the ingredients makes the XTEND BCAA supplement stand out among other supplements in the market.
A great benefit with this BCAA is that it has Zero Carbohydrates, zero sugars and zero calories. There is no caffeine content or other stimulants found in the product, making it useful for individuals sensitive or allergic to such ingredients.
- It contains electrolyte blend of Sodium and Potassium in a balanced ratio, helps to increase fluid transportation (transporting nutrients and water) to muscle cells and prevent cramps caused due to dehydration.
- It has Citrulline Malate that enhances the nitric oxide production in the muscles, to increase muscle contraction to get better results.
- Per scoop serving of 13.5gms of XTEND powder, contains 7gms of BCAAs in it.
- It includes 2.5gms of L-Glutamine per serving, an essential amino acid to enhance muscle glycogen production without using carbohydrates.
- It also helps to boost immune system, thus, ensure quick recovery.
- It has zero carbohydrates, sugar and calorie content.
- It is NSF tested and certified for ingredients used and Informed Choice certified for product quality. Thus, it is preferred by professional athletes too.
- It is available in a variety of flavors.
- This BCAA product has 220mgs of sodium, which adds salt to the product. Thus, for individuals that want to avoid salt-intake, this might not be the right option.
The XTEND BCAA is available in a variety of flavours among which Mango Madness, Rainbow Sherbet, Blue Raspberry Ice, Blood Orange, Watermelon Explosion, etc. are a few. This is a cost- effective BCAA product and can be availed at a reasonable price of 18-23$.
2. BulkSupplements.com BCAA Capsules (300 Capsules 100 Servings)
The BulkSupplement.com provides you with BCAA supplement in the form of capsules. Per serving of supplement is equal to 3 capsules to complete your daily BCAA intake.
The BCAA ratio for the supplement is 2:1:1, this refers to 750mg of Leucine, 375mg of L-Isoleucine and 375mg of L-Valine. The product is tested and third party certified and manufactured by following the cGMP standards.
This BCAA works best for building strength and endurance. It is the most suitable before and after workout drink, as it stimulates muscle recovery, helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels and enhances protein synthesis.
Another benefit of this supplement is that it is very soluble and free from residues,which supports the liver for proper filtration.
- Per serving contains 1500mgs BCAA in the ratio of 2:1:1.
- It comes in the form of capsules, 3 capsules per serving.
- Capsules are made with Lecithin, Bovine Gelatin, it is rich in protein.
- It is completely free of Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten and other additives, suitable for individuals with allergies.
- The BCAA supplement is very soluble and it supports the liver.
- They are available in different capsule count packs.
- In general BCAAs have a strong taste, so is this product, they are not available in flavors.
Bulksupplement.com is one of the most popular supplement manufacturers, with a vast variety of products. The BCAA supplement is one of the best products provided by them, which can be used by bodybuilders to enhance their workout results. This version of the BCAA product can be bought at an affordable price of 18-25$. You do have different pack options to choose from based on your needs.
3. Optimum Nutrition Instantized BCAA Capsules
The Optimum Nutrition BCAA supplements are considered to be a very effective supplement for building muscles and increasing muscle size. Thus, it becomes one of the most preferred BCAA option among the body builders and even power lifters.
The Optimum Nutrition products are manufactured in a cGMP-compliant facility. This ensures that the product is made with the purest form of ingredients and doesn’t have any kind of toxic ingredients in it.
The Optimum Nutrition BCAA 1000Caps also follows the proper ratio of BCAA 2:1:1 for its product, with a 500mgs of L-Leucine, 250mgs of L-Isoleucine and 250mgs of L-Valine, which forms the main ingredient of the product.
Other ingredients included in the product are Gelatin, micro crystalline cellulose, etc. Gelatin can be a concerned for vegan individuals, because it is obtained as a by-product of animal collagen and it is used as a filler in the product.
- One benefit of this BCAA is it provides you with the required nutrients to help increase muscle mass and enhance the muscle building process.
- The supplement is exclusively design to help you increase your endurance levels.
- It works to support your immune system as well, which is an essential contributing factor for muscle recovery.
- For individuals that have a proper diet, i.e. eat the required amount of protein for their body weight, this BCAA can do wonders for them.
- It is recommended for individuals that are following a Keto Diet.
- They are NSF certified and manufactured in GMP facilities.
- This BCAA is available in both capsule and powdered version; you can choose the one suitable to your needs.
- The capsule is not for individuals that are vegan or vegetarian, as the Gelatin used as a binding agent, is a by-product of animal collagen.
With Optimum Nutrition you get an assured quality product, which does not have any side effects. The BCAA 1000Caps is available in capsule and powder form making it more accessible. It is preferably a Keto-friendly BCAA and you have different package options to choose from.You can purchase this product at an average price of 25-30$.
4. Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy
The Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy is one of the bestselling BCAA products that work effectively to replenish energy, enhance muscle protein synthesis and boost muscle recovery. It has the best combination of quality BCAAs, natural energizers and antioxidants that make it the best for before and after workout drink.
Apart from the 5gms of BCAA i.e. 2500mgs of L-Leucine, 1250mgs of L-Isoleucine and 1250mg of L-Valine, it also has a combination of vitamins that make this BCAA Energy a great supplement. The supplement consists of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12, which covers the daily vitamin intake. It helps your body to deal with oxidation stress and boost immunity.
Other ingredients included in the product are 110mgs of Natural Energizers, L-Alnine, Taurine, etc. that provide you with added energy to perform better. The EvlutionNutrition BCAA energy has zero-sugar, carbohydrates and calories and it is gluten free, which makes it the best BCAA product.
- 5gms of BCAAs with 2:1:1 (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) per serving.
- A bunch of energy boosters, you have green tea and green coffee that work as a natural caffeine source for pure energy.
- The vitamin combination of Vitamin B6 and B12 also support the energy levels.
- The supplement also includes BETA-Alanine and L-Alanine that help increase glucose production, which improves endurance for prolong workout.
- Vitamin C, Green Tea and Green Coffee Beans provide you with the needed antioxidant properties that help enhance the immune system.
- It can be consumed both before and after workout and works effectively to reduce soreness and damage and enhance muscle recovery.
- BCAA energy has 2.5gms of L-Leucine, which is similar to the amount you get from eating 5 eggs.
- The BCAA Energy is found to leave a bad after taste, there are several flavored version of BCAA that you can have.
Evlution Nutrition BCAA energy gives you the best quality BCAAs combined with natural energizers, endurance boosters and antioxidants and helps you replenish energy. This amazingly effective BCAA product can be purchased at a very affordable price of 25-50$, available in form of different servings and packs.
5. Sascha Fitness BCAA 4:1:1 + Glutamine, HMB, L-Carnitine, HICA
The Sascha Fitness offers you with a Unique BCAA combination that increases performance and gives better results in comparison to other BCAA supplements.
Unlike other supplements, this BCAA is formed with a unique ratio of 4:1:1(for Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine respectively). This adds more energy during workout, allowing you to trainer longer with improved performance. The unique blend of BCAA makes it the best quality supplement.
Other important ingredients included in the supplement are Glutamine that enhances protein synthesis and increases muscle building, HMB (also known as Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyric Acid) that is an active metabolite of leucine, increases muscle protein synthesis and stimulates fat loss. HICA is a metabolite of leucine that reduces the waste product during high intensity exercises. L-Carnitine,increases the fat burning process and replenishes energy to boost your performance.
- 5gms of BCAA blend in the ratio of 4:1:1, with increased amount of Leucine.
- HMB in the supplement increases performance and accelerates recovery.
- The exclusive blend of the BCAA supplement increases muscle mass and support weight loss results.
- A combination of HMB, L-Carnitine and HICA adds to the muscle building benefits that you can reap from this BCAA.
- This BCAA also works effectively to reduce cortisol levels, reduces stress.
- This BCAA is available in powder form and it is sugar-free.
- Use of natural flavoring and sweetener make it a very effective product.
- The Sascha Fitness BCAA is Vegan and there are different available flavors to choose from.
- It is a higher dose ratio product, thus, it is recommended to consult with a doctor before you start using it.
The Sascha Fitness BCAA is one of a kind product that has become very popular in the recent times. The unique blend of amino acid (with 4:1:1 ratio) improves workout results and boosts recovery process giving better results. This product can be purchased at an average price of 30-40$. They are available in a variety of natural flavors.
6. MusclePharm Essentials BCAA Powder
MusclePharm Essentials provides you with another top rated BCAA supplement in the market with a different and unique blend of BCAA in the powder form.
This BCAA has a unique blend of amino acids with a ratio of 3:1:2 of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L- Valine respectively.With 8.6gms per serving size you get pure BCAA of 6gms in the mentioned ration. This is the right amount of essential amino acid that your body needs to get the required proteins.
The MusclePharm Essential BCAA is available in soluble powder form, which easily mixes with water. This BCAA supplement comes with zero calories, zero carbohydrates and zero sugar, available in fruit punch flavour.
Moreover, this BCAA supplement is certified and tested by ICA (Informed-Choice Athletes) that assures that the product consists of non-toxic ingredients and it is free from banned substances making it very safe to use.
- MusclePharm BCAA provides you with the purest form of BCAA.
- With BCAA ratio of 3:1:2, you get a patent pending BCAA supplement with a unique blend of amino acids.
- The increased ratio of L-Leucine plays a major role in enhancing muscle protein synthesis.
- It is one of the easiest ways to replenish your energy and support long workout routines.
- The MusclePharm BCAA is available in powder form, which is very easily soluble in water.
- Each pack contains 30servings.
- It is one of the most efficient BCAA supplement.
- MusclePharm BCAAs, unlike other BCAA offers you a flavoured supplement.
- It is a cost effective supplement considering the benefits you get from it.
- A major part of the product is BCAA i.e.6gms per serving. You do not get any additional vitamins or nutrients.
One thing that you need to know about MusclePharm Essentials, it is one of the few BCAA supplements that consist of pure amino acids. You can purchase this product at very average price of 13-18$.
7. AMINO SLIM – Slimming BCAA
AMINO SLIM BCAA is a supplement that works best to get the essential amino acids to enhance muscle protein synthesis and support weight loss.
Apart from the BCAA ratio 2:1:1, the AMINO SLIM contains a bunch of other ingredients that make it a very effective post workout drink and one of the best Amino Acid Supplement.
- SATIEREAL Saffron- It is an ingredient that stimulates weight loss; it induces the sensation of satiety and reduces appetite. Per scoop serving contains 88.25mgs of Satiereal.
- L-Glutamine- 2gms of Glutamine, which is considerably a non-essential amino acid, but it is important to deal with post workout recovery methods.
- Ashwagandha- This is a special ingredient that adds to the after workout recovery process and allows you to enhance your performance. With every scoop serving you get 300mgs of Ashwagandha, which gives more power to the BCAA supplement.
- The AMINO SLIM BCAA is the perfect BCAA that performs as an amino acid supplement, but it also works to enhance your workout performances.
- You get the best blend of essential amino acids, and other highly beneficial ingredients like ashwagandha and satiereal-saffron.
- An important benefit of AMINO SLIM is that it curbs your hunger cravings and reduces your appetite.
- AMINO SLIM provides you with a unique combination of amino acids to get chiselled and ripped body.
- You get a 100% Caffeine free supplement that can be used as both pre and post workout drink, it works effectively to boost metabolism.
- Though, it is considered as one of the best BCAA supplement for women, there are certain problems like stomach ache that several women have faced.
AMINO SLIM is specifically manufactured to provide you with proper hydration, post-workout recovery and stimulate weight loss and gain muscles at the same time. This product is best recommended for individuals that are looking to get into a perfect shape. It can be purchased at a reasonable price of 20-25$.
8. MuscleTech Amino Build Next Gen Energy Supplement
MuscleTech amino acid is another popular BCAA with a unique combination of essential amino acids and Vitamins to boost endurance levels and gain muscles.
With a BCAA blend ratio of 2:1:1, each scoop serving of 10gms, you get 4gms of BCAA combined with equal amount of non-essential amino acids including L-Glutamine, Taurine and L-Alanine. This helps replenish your energy, increase endurance and stimulate faster post workoutrecovery.
It also includes a complex electrolyte blend, a combination of coconut water and watermelon juices and electrolytes that help refuel the electrolytes during workout. There is 2gms of added BETAINE that supports and boosts lean muscle growth.
MuscleTech Amino Build is designed keeping the athletic performances in mind and it comes with a high amount of BCAAs combined with Betaine and Taurine that you are less likely to found in any other supplements.
- Amino Build Next Gen BCAA is available in powder form and it is very soluble in water.
- You get a complete dose of essential amino acids, following the recommended serving dose.
- It combines different electrolyte formulas and forms into a great energy booster.
- The consumption of this BCAA varies upon on your goals; it can be consumed between meals or pre-/post-workout as well and get benefitted from it.
- It doesn’t come with added caffeine.
- It has zero sugar; artificial sweetener is used to add taste.
- It is available in multiple flavours as well.
- The Amino Build BCAA is formed by combining a number of ingredients, which can easily mixed into water and it has a good taste, compared to other BCAAs.
- In order to get the high dose of 8gms of BCAA, it is recommended to have 2 scoops per serving, which increases the cost of the supplement.
- Some individuals might find the artificial sweetener being too strong and may dislike it, as there are other versions that do not have additional sweetener and still taste good.
MuscleTech Amino Build Next Gen is an action packed performance inducing BCAA formulated with several ingredients. It is exclusively designed to support athletic performances; hence it is very likely to give better results. This BCAA can be purchased at an average price of 13-17$.
9. BPI Sports Best BCAA Shredded
BPI Sports Best BCAA is manufactured using a perfect formula, to provide you with the best energy replenishing supplement.
It comprises of the standard 2:1:1 BCAA ratio that comprises of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine respectively. It helps to increase muscle gains and enhance the muscle recovery process.
The inclusion of Carnitine and Grains of Paradise add to the weight loss property of the branched chain amino acids and stimulate muscle building. Carnitine is an amino acid that helps boost metabolism and burn fats.
This BCAA is formulated with Citrulline that increases blood flow into the body, which results in increase supply of nutrients, boost performances and enhance workout results.
- This BCAA works best to burn fats and convert them to energy, enhancing weight loss performance and stimulate muscle building.
- It is caffeine free, thus, best for individuals that have allergies.
- It comes with delicious flavorings; there are certain exclusive flavors that you can choose from.
- Carnitine is added to the product that increase metabolism and helps burn more fats.
- Grains of Paradise help in converting fats into energy to increase workout results.
- L-Citrulline added in the supplement ensures proper blood flow and enhance workout results.
- The BCAA doesn’t include caffeine as one of its ingredient, still it is not recommended for individuals below 18 years of age. Moreover, it is recommended to consult with a doctor before you start using it.
BPI Sports BCAA is one of the most popular BCAA supplements that are manufactured keeping the athlete standards in mind. The ingredients like Citrulline and Carnitine used in the product make it different from other available BCAAs in the market. This product can be purchased at an average price of 14-19$.
10. MET-Rx BCAA 2200 Amino Acid Supplement
The MET-Rx BCAA 2200 is a softgel capsule supplement, with a slightly different BCAA formulation to support body building and build more muscles.
This supplement doesn’t formulate with the standard BCAA ratio of 2:1:1 but has a slight higher amount of L-Leucine (1200mgs) and 500mgs of L-Glutamine and L-Valine respectively. A certain higher percentage of Leucine in the BCAA refers to the supplement being better with fat metabolism.
Apart from the regular BCAAs amino acid, there are a couple of Vitamins included in the supplement. 8IU of Vitamin E that is around 25% of daily consumption value and 16mgs of Vitamin B6 that fulfills 800% of daily consumption value. Vit.B6 helps increase nitrogen metabolism that enhances protein synthesis and Vit.E plays an important role in boosting immunity system and protects the body.
- It fulfils the required amount of BCAA needed, with 2200mgs of pure BCAA.
- It has an increased amount of Leucine, which means fat metabolism is higher.
- It can be consumed both hot and cold, in comparison to other BCAA this tastes better.
- The amount of Vitamins included in the supplement adds to the benefits.
- Vitamin E provides the body with muscle nitrogen that supports workout performance.
- Vitamin B6 enhances metabolism and helps in protein synthesis.
- It is available in the form of soft gels.
- It is found that the powder form of supplements is considerably more cost efficient than the capsule forms. Thus, this product becomes more expensive in terms of servings. However, it is still a cheaper option among the capsule form of supplements.
MET-Rx BCAA 2000 is one of the best BCAA capsule forms of supplement. For individuals that are looking for a supplement with an average dose of essential amino acids, the MET Rx 2200 is the best choice. You can purchase this product at a reasonable price of 8-10$.
Here, we have completed the review for the 10 Best BCAAs of 2021. We have compiled a list of BCAA supplements that fulfil the need of essential amino acids and provide you with other essential nutrients and vitamins as well. Following the list you get a BCAA that is worth the value of your money and ensure you get the best workout results.