Cable crossover machines are the most convenient home gym fitness equipment. They are typically a steel-framed structure that can be used for functional and weight training both. Using a cable crossover station, one can train various muscle groups and perform multiple body workouts daily.
For fitness enthusiasts who are looking to invest in worthy functional and strength training equipment, cable crossover machines are a great choice. Many people avoid adding it into their home gym because of their considerable frame size and giant footprints.
Today, there are many options available in the market and e-commerce stores with smaller footprints and affordable prices, features and quality, etc. Today in this article, we will look over the 10 best Cable Crossover machines that you can add to your home gym.
1. Body-Solid Powerline PFT100 Functional Trainer Cable Machine
The Body-Solid Powerline PFT100 functional trainer cable machine is built with a heavy-duty 11 gauge steel tube frame and high-quality nylon cables. It is coated with anti-corrosive chrome finish paint that enhances the durability of the unit. This functional trainer is a compact machine that has enough inner space for the correct execution of all the workouts. Its height is around 7 feet, making it an ideal workout station for users of size up to 6’3 feet. With anchor points on base, the machine stays relatively stable on the ground.
This Body-Solid functional trainer cable crossover machine features 16 fiberglass-reinforced nylon pulleys with internal ball bearings, where the front pulleys are adjustable. Each of the front pulleys provides 20 lock adjustment options spaced at 3.2 inches each.
Moreover, the front pulleys (each) can move swiftly over 180 degrees with frictionless guidance over each of the angles. It has high tensile steel cables that can handle 2,000 lbs of resistance.
The Powerline PFT100 comes with 2 weight stacks of 160lbs each. It provides a weight ratio of 2:1. The weight stacks are made up of cast iron, which is highly durable than any other material used in the process. With this cable machine from Body-solid, one can perform 25+ body exercises.
- Robust, stable, and non-wobbly construction
- Dual 160lbs weight stacks, up gradable up to 50lbs
- Grabs relatively less floor space
- 20 lock adjustment options
- Noiseless and smooth operations with
- Internal ball bearings
- Firm grip on the pull-up bar
- 180° swivel for friction less guidance
- 2,000 lbs tensile strength cables
- Short bar, ankle cuffs, and other accessories are not included
- It is comparatively heavy, hence would require more human resources for assembling or relocating the machine.
The Body-Solid Powerline PFT100 functional trainer cable machine is an excellent equipment in this price range. It has 2 weight stacks of 160lbs each, which can be upgraded to 50lbs more. Its cables are incredibly long with 2000lbs of strength. Hence it is an ideal pick for affordability, quality, and performance.
2. Valor Fitness BD-61 Cable Crossover Station
The Valor Fitness BD-61 Cable Crossover station has a heavy-duty, high-quality steel build up frame that stays strong and durable for life long. The rubber foot caps enhance stability and keep the floor safe from scratches and dents. To maximize strength and stability, it comes with a ground mounting feature as well.
This cable crossover machine comes with a cable pulley system and 16 adjustable position options that support intense work out sessions. It has 2 adjustable single straps handle (5 positions) that can be attached to the pulley system. With no solid angle, one can pull/ rotate the pulley in any direction or manner. The machine also comes with a curl/row bar, a pull-up station, and a lat pull-down bar that allows the user to perform multiple upper body workouts.
This Valor fitness machine does not have weight stacks. Though, one can use standard Olympic plates for intensifying their workout. One can use either Standard 1″ plates or 2″ Olympic plates.With plate storage pegs, storing the plates become easier. The machine has a maximum weight capacity of 200lbs.
- A durable and robust build-up
- It has rubberized caps at the basewhich provides stability to the frame
- Ground mounting feature
- 16 adjustable positions
- 2 adjustable position handles
- 6 Plate storage pegs
- Comparatively small footprints hence requirelesser foot space
- The pulleys do not have ball bearing, though the performance is still appreciable
- The machine is nearly 6’6 feet tall, which could be a disadvantage for taller people
- It does not have weight stacks
The Valor Fitness BD-61 Cable Crossover station is definitely a suitable pick for people who are looking for a primary functional machine on a restricted budget. The functionality and performance of this model is appreciable and fulfills all the requirements of what a cable crossover should.
3. Body-Solid Powerline PCCO90X Cable Crossover Machine
The Body-Solid Powerline PCCO90X Cable Crossover Machine is trustworthy equipment with a solid steel construction frame. It provides you with endless workout assistance while being stable and robust at the same time. With an extra-wide and tall mainframe, it is suitable for users of different shapes and sizes. The comprehensive construction provides users with easy access to a range of pulley exercises.
This cable crossover machine is equipped with patented nylon bushing technology, high resin pulleys, and eight sealed ball bearings. The pulleys can axle swiftly over 180 degrees with friction less guidance over the angle. With 11-position vertically adjustable pulleys, the machine provides an endless array of low and high pulley exercises.
The Powerline PCC090X comes with 2 x 150 lb weight stacks. Furthermore, it also features a free weight add-ontop plate posts through which users can add on up to 200 lbs more weight per stack and add versatility as per their fitness level and workout requirement. Lastly, it comes with an ankle strap accessory that adds an option for a leg workout.
- Extra-wide moving space within the frame
- Suitable for high and low pulley exercises
- Smooth cable operations
- Low noise operations
- 180° swivel for friction less guidance
- Adjustable and durable structure,long-lasting
- Reliable and stable frame, non-wobbly
- Slightly massive, hence requires more floor space
The Powerline PCCO90X Cable Crossover Machine has a solid frame that would last for lifetime. Focusing every major muscle group in your body, it is a highly suitable equipment for those who are looking for a primary cable crossover machine at an affordable price.
4. XMark XM-7626 Functional Trainer Cable Crossover Machine
The XMark XM-7626 functional trainer machine is a well-engineered, highly sturdy frame made of 11-gauge steel bars and is coated with anti-scratch corrosive paint. Also, the upright bar and guide bars are coated with chrome finish.
It features rubberized pads on foot, which increases stability and ensures floor protection. It is equipped with 16 heavy-duty nylon material industrial-grade pulleys and sealed balls bearings that provide prolonged usage and smooth operations.
This functional trainer cable machine comes with 19 adjustment options spaced at 3.5 inches each. The side pulleys offer the lowest setting at almost 1 foot and the highest at 6’6 feet. The pulleys also swivel on their respective upright axis for increasing flexibility of all the workouts. The pulley handles can be adjusted as well.
The commercial-grade pull-up rig allows us to perform chin-ups and pull-ups for upper body workouts. The rubberized secure handle grips ensure no slipping even while you are sweating.The machine can support user weight up to 350lbs conveniently. It comes with two weight stacks of 200lbs each, which is enough for high-intensity workout sessions. With the XMark XM-7626 Functional Trainer machine, one can perform more than 40 multiple body exercises.
- Strong commercial-grade construction
- 19 adjustment pulley positions
- Highly durable metal weight plates
- Grabs relatively less floor space
- Short & long handle grips and barsincluded
- Triceps ropes and ankle strap included
- Noiseless and smooth operations withsealed balled bearing
- Each of the cables can be extended upto 81” from the pulley
- Ergonomic handle grips on the pull-uprod.
- Weight stacks aren’t upgradable, though 200lbs would be enough for an intense workout
The XMark XM-7626 functional trainer cable crossover machine provides high value for money. With 19 adjustment options and two 200lbs weight stacks, it provides high versatility for multiple upper body workouts. More possibly, it is a perfect gym trainer for users of every fitness level.
5. Bodycraft HFT Functional Trainer cablemachine
The Bodycraft HFT functional trainer cable machine is a piece of superior quality equipment made with 11 gauge3.25″ x 1.75″ oval steel tubing frame and corrosion-resistant paint coating. Compared to various other models in the range, its base’s widest point is 56 inches; hence, it covers less floor space. With a height of around 6.8′ feet, itis suitable for users of size around 6.1′ feet. The machine can be stored/keptin a room of height around 7′ feet.
This functional trainer cable machine comes with 31 adjustment positions spaced at 3.3 inches each. The lowest setting is around 14 inches, whereas the highest setting is approximately 78inches. Its adjustable pulleys with pivoting design can handle axle over 180 degrees and allow the user to perform workouts from multiple angles swiftly. The machine is equipped with various fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys, with each of them featuring a sealed ball bearing for smooth operations.
This machine is equipped with two 150lbscast iron weight stacks, which can be upgraded up to 50lbs extra if needed.Its 2,000 lbs tensile strength steel cables are covered with nylon sheets that extend the durability of the pulleys. Moreover, the machine comes with several accessories, including two extension chains, two D-handles, triceps rope, long& short bars, pull up straps, exercise brochure, and a chin bar.
- 31 adjustment position options
- Up gradable weight stacks
- Light-commercial grade sturdiness
- Easy-grip ergonomic pull-up bar
- 180° swivel for friction less guidance over multiple exercise angles
- Noiseless operations
- Requires minimal floor space, compact design
- Includes multiple accessories
- Assembling the machine is very tricky
The Bodycraft HFT Functional Trainer cable machine is a top-quality fitness cable machine and is suitable for users of intermediate and athlete fitness levels. It features 31 adjustment positions, which provide high versatility to the user and promote multiple upper body workouts. The machine includes a good selection of accessories and assists the users with more than 40 exercises.
6. Inspire Fitness Ft2 Functional Trainer
The Inspire Fitness Ft2 machine is a well-built commercial quality frame that is made with 11-gauge steel and heavy-duty rectangular tubing, which is extremely durable. Its two-layer electrostatically powder coating ensures rust and scratch protection resulting in minimized maintenance. Its 2000 lbs tensile strength steel cables are covered with tough nylon coating that keeps the pulleys from stagnating, and the integrated precision steel ball bearings promote smoother operations.
This Inspire Ft2 functional machine features 31 adjustment points with a pivoting design that can axle over 180 degrees. It has 8 pull points, including 4 low points, 2 high narrow points, and2 broad adjustable pulley points. With the high narrow pulley points, one can perform lat pull-down exercises, whereas the broad pulley points make swapping between incline fly and incline/decline chest press smoother.
This equipment comes with two 160lbs weight stacks, which can also be upgraded up to 50lbs each. The pull-up bar within this machine is adjustable, which allow you to set it anywhere between 83 inches to 88 inches. Its pull up bar can resist user weight capacity up to 330lbs. Another feature that most of the cable crossover or fitness trainer machine would lack is the conventional Smith machine. Inspire Ft2 can also be used as a smith machine by merely adjusting the pins on the weight stack.
- An extremely sturdy, stable, and superior quality build-up
- 31 adjustment points
- Upgradable weight stacks
- Smooth and noiseless operations
- Includes multiple accessories
- Allows the user to perform more than40 multiple body exercises
- Adjustable pull-up bar
- It has an accessory rack as well
- Ergonomically designed handles and bars knurled grip
- Minimum maintenance required
- Hefty (563lbs), hence require more human resources to assemble or relocate the machine
The Inspire Fitness Ft2 Functional Trainer cable machine is equipped with a smith machine hence offer versatile usage. Its quality matches with the commercial models,which not only ensures great performance but safety and reliability as well.In this cost, it is an ideal pick to grab a piece of multipurpose equipment with numerous accessories included.
7. Body-Solid GDCC200 Functional CableCross Training Center
The Body-Solid GDCC200 functional cable cross machine is made up of 11-gauge, 2″ x 4″ oval sized heavy-duty steel tubing that offers it durability and stability. The frame is electrostatically coated with scratch and corrosion resistive paint and chrome finish. The rubber stabilizers at the base protect the flooring from dents and scratches as well as keep the structure stable.
This cable cross machine from Body-Solid comes with 20 adjustment points and can swiftly pivot over 180 degrees,offering numerous angles for multiple body exercises. Its pulleys are fiberglass reinforced and coated with heavy-duty nylon material, which adds to years of durability. Its sealed ball bearings ensure smooth and swift operations. Its 2500lbs resistance pulley cables are covered with nylon material and PVC sheets, which are durable and dense; hence wear out very slowly.
The machine comes with two 160lbs weight stacks (steel alloy plates), which can even be upgraded up to 50lbs eachif required. Its dual grip pull-up bar is designed for users of height up to6’4 feet. The inner space zone within this machine is considerably wide, which also needs more floor space to place at home. By adding some accessories to it, one can perform over 25 types of full body exercises conveniently.
- Stable, sturdy, and durable frame construction
- Anti-scratch and corrosion coating
- 20 adjustment points with 180° swivel for frictionless guidance
- It supports over 25 multiple body exercises
- Ergonomically designed firm grip handle and a pull-up bar
- Noiseless operations
- Smooth pulley movement
- 4-way adjustable hand straps
- Comparatively heavy (514lbs), which makes assembling and relocating a difficult task
- The PVC sheet coating over the pulley cable is not much durable; hence it can wear out with time.
The Body-Solid GDCC200 functional cable cross over machine is a piece of extremely sturdy equipment. It features 320lbs of steel weight plates and offers 25 multiple body exercise angles, which makes it ideal for beginners and intermediates. It is one substantial cablecrossover machine investment in this price range.
8. FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover(Black)
The Free Motion Dual Cable EXTCrossover machine is built with sturdy 7- and 11-gauge steel tubing that ensures quality and makes the frame exceptionally durable and stable. The electro-powder coating makes it rust, corrosion and scratch resistant. This machine is 113 inches wide;it is compact but still covers quite a floor space of the room. Being a 7 feet tall frame, it would require a place that is at least 8 feet or above.
This cable crossover machine comes with independently rotating arms where each of them rotates in 9 horizontally settings and 12 vertically settings. For easy positioning, both the arms are counter balanced. The swivel designed pulleys provide an unlimited range of motion and ensure smooth cable travel. Moreover, with the extensive cable, users can avail full body range of motion (Both arms: 89 inches).
The machine features two weight stacks of 210 pounds each. Both the weight stacks are individual, which allow 2 users to use the machine at the same time. This cable crossover machine includes Velcro padded ankle cuff that allow the users to perform multiple lower body exercises.The cuffs are comfortable and highly secured, making it completely safe to use.
- Solid commercial quality frame
- Stable construction with long-lastingdurability
- Independent rotating arms
- Fancy and smart appearance
- Swivel designed pulley
- Individual weight stacks which allowtwo users to use the machine at the same time
- Smooth operations
- Appreciable customer service
- Extremely tricky and tiring assembly
- Slightly noisy than other models in the range
- Highly expensive but limited functionality
The Free Motion Dual Cable EXT Crossover machine is an ideal pick for those who have no budget restrictions.The machine is excellent in both performance and functionality. Moreover, due to the individual weight stack and independent rotating arms, it provides dual functionality and can be used by two users at the same time.
9. Inspire Fitness FTX Functional Cable Trainer
The Inspire fitness FTX functionalcable trainer machine is built up with a heavy-duty steel frame and has a matte black powder coating finish, which makes it robust, durable, andattractive at the same time. This particular model is relatively compact, andone with the smallest footprints among the available functional cable crossovermachines.
The machine comes with two 165lbs weight stacks and 30 swivel pulley adjustment positions that provide complete freedom to the user to pull the cable into any direction of motion. Unlike the 180-degree pivoting design, it does not restrict the movement. This functional fitness trainer also includes an adjustable folding bench, pair of deluxe Dhandles, chin/dip belt, triceps rope, and a curl bar that supports multiple upper body workouts.
- Reliable, stable, and long-lasting build-up
- Attractive look
- Smallest footprints thus require less floors pace
- Accessory rack with integrated tablet holder
- Convenient to assemble
- 30 swivel pulley adjustment positions
- Includes various accessories
- Smooth functioning and noiseless operations
- The weight stacks are of low quality
- Overall height of the machine is considerably low, 6.8 feet
The Inspire fitness FTX functional cable trainer is an ideal pick for users who have less space at home. Being the model with the smallest footprints, it can easily fit into a small room, which is heightened around 7 or 8 feet.
10. Body-Solid SCC1200G2 Cable Crossover Stacks
The Body-Solid SCC1200G2 Cable Crossover Stack is a considerable strength training machine. This heavy-duty frame is built with high-quality steel tubing, which makes it robust, stable,and extends its durability for longer years.
It comes with 12 pulley position options where each pulley has 180 degrees of a revolution that provides the user to perform multiple angle exercises swiftly. With a vast inside space, two users can efficiently perform the workout at the same time within the considerable extension.
This cable crossover machine features two 160lbs independent weight stacks. The machine provides with additional choices that include jawline up handles for the middle bar that let you perform multiple body workouts swiftly. It features a 9.5 feet cable extension; hence one can rotate it to various positions without any problem.
- A stable and robust build-up
- Long-lasting durability
- 12 pulley positions with 180 degrees of revolution for each pulley
- Vast space inside the frame
- Convenient to use for two people at the same time
- 9.5 feet cable extension
- Expensive for the features it provides
- It is a hefty machine would require many human resources to assemble or relocate it
- Due to extended length, it demands huge floor space
The Body-Solid SCC1200G2 Cable Crossover Stack has one of the broadest in-frame spaces amongst the other models in the range. It is an ideal pick for a family of fitness enthusiast and can be used by two people at a time.
These were the top 10 Cable Crossover machines, which we found best while reviewing 100s of options. The above list has some of the most desirable models that are finest amongst all in terms of performance, functionality, durability, robustness, and value for money. Some of the models even stand at par with the commercial cable machines and are a reliable option for adding into your home gym. Lastly, we recommend you to check the dimensions before bringing home a cable crossover machine as they have vast size, they might not fit in small rooms.