Maintaining weight and good health has become more important today and then it was ever before. Regular exercising plays essential roles in making one’s body fit and stress-free. And one such essential piece of equipment that can make regular exercising a fun and easy task is the “Stationary Exercise Bike”.
Stationary bikes or upright indoor bicycles are considered best for mid-impact home workout sessions. They are usually compact and thus do not require much floor space. Though stationary exercise bikes are available in various price ranges, some of the best models could be found under a strict budget as well. Today, in this article, we have listed 10 Best Stationary Exercise Bikes for you.
1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
Exerpeutic is a fitness equipment manufacturer that focuses on functional yet simple stationary exercise bikes. This Exerpeutic folding magnetic upright exercise bike has an X-frame design, making it robust and capable of supporting user weight up to 300lbs.
The seat has an adjustable feature to fit users of height from 5’3 feet to 6’1 foot. An excellent feature in its designing front is the “foldable space saving mechanism”. The bike can be folded up into half (22” L x 20” W x 55.5” H) of the actual size (31” L x 19” W x 46” H), making it convenient to store in compact spaces, including shelves. Its built-in transportation wheels make the relocation process an easy task.
This exercise bike comes with an 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, which lets the users adjust the tension level for customizing the intensity of the workout. Its 3-piece cranking and V-belt drive system support a smooth and uniform paddling experience. The ergonomically designed large cushioned seat adds to the user’s comfort. Its hand pulse sensor incorporated at the handle-bars monitor’s the heart rate and displays the real-time data on the Large LCD screen.
- Lightweight yet stable frame
- Easy folding mechanism with built-in wheels
- 300 lbs weight capacity, which is more than various other models within this price range.
- Easy to customize intensity as per the user’s fitness level
- Smooth and uniform paddling, vast foot space
- The V-belt drive system that ensures noise-free operations
- It is lightweight, thus not recommended for heavy duty exercise.
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike rightly fits the purpose of cycling and is highly affordable. It is a compact, foldable, and easy to use machine ideal for small room space at home.
2. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
One of the most affordable stationary exercise bikes that take minimal floor space is the XTERRA Fitness FB150.
This model from XTERRA has an x-frame design built with high-quality steel, relatively lightweight, around 32lbs only. It can be folded into a compact size and easily moved around the house with the built-in wheels. By holding on to the pulse sensors integrated on the handlebars, it scans and displays heart rate and pulse on the LCD screen. Not only this, but it also lets you keep track of time, speed, calories burned, and distance.
This exercise bike comes with a 3.3lbs precision-balanced flywheel that ensures smooth and noise-free operations throughout. With its 8-level manual resistance system, one can intensify the internal magnetic field for increase or decreaseresistance.
It has an adjustable seat that has a layer of padding that ensures optimal user comfort. And its 7 adjustment positions let the users accommodate seat for a personalized leg extension. Moreover, its handlebars feature a multi-grip design that ensures a secured grip and less strain on the palms.
- 225lbs weight capacity
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy folding and moving mechanism
- Adjustable paddling straps
- 8-level manual resistance system
- Comfortable seat and handlebars
- Not recommended for individuals with more than the average height of 5.6ft.
The XTERRA Fitness FB150 exercise bike is highly affordable and functional equipment that stands true to its purpose. It is an entry-level bike and fits best home gym equipment for beginners that want to be fit.
3. VIGBODY Exercise indoor Stationary Bicycle
The VIGBODY indoor stationary bicycle is built with heavy-duty square steel tubing, making it robust and durable. This 35lbs machine can handle user weight up to 330lbs. The belt-driven transport system ensures a sturdy, smooth and noise-less cycling experience for the users.
Equipped with a bi-directional flywheel, it offers 24.2lbs of resistance, supporting a solid body workout session. With a built-in knob below the handlebar, you can manually increase or decrease the resistance.
This stationary bicycle is equipped with adjustable anti-skid cage paddles that allow the users to adjust straps and toe cages. It increases stability and support prevents your feet from accidental slipping. It’s digital monitor tracks and displays real-time data such as calories burned, time and speed for the user.
With its 2-way adjustable handlebar and 4-ways adjustable seat, one can customize the height and leg extension as per their workout needs. Meanwhile, the built-in wheels at the front allow easy movement and relocation for the machine.
- A heavy-duty, robust and durable build-up
- 330lbs user weight capacity, which is appreciable for a stationary bike in this range
- Flywheel resistance ensures effective workout
- Comfortable, easy-grip handle-bars
- Anti-skid paddles with straps and foot cages
- Adjustable handlebar and seat
- Built-in wheels for easy relocation
- The seat is a little harder than other models in the range
- Non-foldable design, though it is compact enough to store at any corner of the room
The VIGBODY indoor stationary bicycle offers a great workout experience right at your home. It has solid, non-wobbly built and 24.2lbs of resistance that supports intense workout sessions. With rust, wear, and corrosion resistant feature, it is an ideal pick for long time use.
4. YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary – Cycle Bike
YOSUDA indoor stationary exercise bike is built with a heavy-duty steel frame and 35lbs flywheel, ensuring stability and robustness during the workout sessions
It comes with a belt-driven wheel system, and pure wool felt pad that provides a smooth and quiet ride. Unlike the chain support system, it does not require lubricating the belt every once in a while. Its corrosion resistance framework ensures quality and durability in the long run.
With the LCD monitor, one can track their distance, time, speed, and calories burned. A gadget bracket just below the monitor allows you to place your iPad or tablet and enjoy workout sessions.The resistance bar allows the user to adjust the resistance and enjoy a real road like cycling experience.
The seat is ergonomically designed with comfortable cushioning. For a personalized experience, the seat can be adjusted in 4-ways (up/down/back/front), whereas the handlebar can be adjusted in 2-ways (up/down). Its rigid cage paddles ensure utmost safety and keeps your feet from slipping during intense workout sessions. With the built-in transport wheels, one can move it around with minimal efforts.
- Robust, stable and corrosion-free frame construction.
- With pure wool felt pad and belt-driven wheel, the rides with this machine are quiet and smooth.
- Huge gadget rack
- Anti-skid aluminium alloy cage paddle.
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebar.
- Does not comes with the pulse and heart rate monitoring feature
- Can handle user weight up to 270lbs, though good enough for a stationary cycle but is less in comparison to other models in the range
The YOSUDA indoor stationary exercise bike not only impresses with its performance but the offered features as well. It is an ideal pick for a fitness enthusiast family with enormous adjustment options (seat, pedal and resistance).
5. ATIVAFIT Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary Bike
The ATIVAFIT Indoor stationary exercise bike comes in an X-frame design that keeps it sturdy and stable and can handle user weight up to 265lbs.
The bike weighs only 34.2lbs, and with its unique foldable design, it becomes compact enough to store even in a wardrobe or small shelf. It comes with built-in wheels, which makes relocation a hassle-free and effortless task. For maintaining balance and keeping feet from slipping, the paddles are laced with caged straps.
This ATIVAFIT indoor cycle has magnetic control flywheels, making the ride quieter and smoother than various other bikes in the range. Meanwhile, with 8 levels of smooth magnetic resistance knob, one can easily adjust the intensity and power as per their fitness requirement. The handlebars are equipped with sensors that target your heart and pulse rate and display real-time data on the LCD console. With the adjustable knob design, one can adjust the seat (height) as per their needs.
- Very compact and light-weighted
- Stable and sturdy
- Can handle user weight up to 265lbs, which is appreciable for this price range
- Easy folding and relocating mechanism
- Noise-free operations
- Easy to adjust resistance knob (8 levels)
- Pulse and heart rate sensor at the handlebar
- Anti-skid caged pedals
- The max height setting of its seat is still not very high.
- The seat might feel small for a rider of huge size.
The ATIVAFIT Indoor stationary exercise bike is functional, high in performance, highly affordable, sturdy and easy maintenance bike. This is one preferable pick for people who have limited space at home and are looking for highly compact cycling equipment.
6. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness indoor cycling bike has everything you want for your home gym setup.
It is built with a heavy-duty steel frame and can handle user weight up to 265lbs.This 40lbs bike, combined with a belt drive mechanism, ensures smooth and noise-free workout sessions. The solid flywheels provide you with an outdoor cycling experience while maximizing the control, speed and resistance level, while minimizing the jerk.
The built-in wheels at the front, moving the stationary bike becomes a lot easier. This stationary bike features an adjustable resistance and a powerful breaking system that lets the user intensify the workout and stop it as per their requirements.
It has 4-way seat and handlebar adjustment feature making it convenient to adjust the positioning as per individual fitness levels. With the digital monitor, you can track and monitor real-time data of your workouts. Above the monitor, there’s enough space provided for placing a tablet or I-pad. Moreover, the multi-grip handlebar and paddle cage add comfort to user.
- Stable and non-wobbly frame
- It provides utmost flexibility with adjustable seat and handlebar
- Its solid flywheels provide a road cycling experience.
- Noise-free and smooth operations
- Built-in wheels for easy relocation
- Adequate space for placing a tab or I-pad
- Compact enough and can be placed in any corner of the room.
- No such cons found
The Sunny Health & Fitness indoor cycling bike is a full-fledged indoor bike and has convenient and functional features for every fitness level. The machine comes with enough flexibility options that make it an ideal pick for a family of fitness enthusiasts.
7. Schwinn Indoor Cycling Bike IC3 Series
The Schwinn Indoor Cycling Bike IC3 Series is an impressive model with all essential features for an intense indoor cycling session. It comes with a 40lbs flywheel system and the belt-driven mechanism that powers a noise-free but real life cycling experience at home.
Unlike other models in the range, the IC3 series comes with an infinite resistance variable that lets the users intensify the cycling process to any level as per their fitness need.Its multi-grip padded handlebars can be moved vertically or horizontally for a customized fit.
Similarly, its seat can be adjusted 4-ways to fit for riders of different requirements and fitness levels. The LCD consoles are highly equipped and display information, including speed, time, calories burned, heart rate, distance, and RPM. A bottle and media rack has been integrated right above the display console. The cycle can handle user weight up to 300lbs.
- Belt driven mechanism for noise-free operations
- 40lbs flywheel system
- Multi-grip handlebars with soft padding
- Adjustable handle and seat positions
- Infinite resistance control
- Can handle user weight up to 300lbs
- Bottle and device holder
- The frame comes with levellers to settle it stable on uneven floor
- Built-in transport wheels
- The seat does not have cushion padding, which might feel uncomfortable to some users.
- The exercise bike is comparatively heavier.
The Schwinn Indoor Cycling Bike IC3 Series is solidly built equipment for high-intensity training. It is packed with all the essential and functional features. What makes it stand out is the Infinite resistance control that also makes it an ideal pick for athletes.
8. BulbHead Slim Cycle Stationary Bike
The BulbHead Slim cycle stationary bike with X-frame designed is equipped with some incredible and unique features.
It comes with both handlebars and backrest that allows the users to use it either way as per their preference and convenience. Unlike any other exercise bike, it features built-in arm resistance bands attached to the handlebars that let the users perform resistance workouts as well. This 2-in-1 exercise bike comes with an easy folding mechanism that allows the user to fold and store it in cupboard, shelves or even under beds.
The Slim stationary bike offers 8 adjustable resistance levels that let the user intensify or ease down the cycling process as per their fitness level. The resistance knob is easy to use and attached just below the handlebar. Its handlebars are equipped with pulse sensors that monitor your pulse rate and heartbeat during the workout process. Moreover, the touch sensor digital console, displays miles covered, time, speed, distance and real-time heart rate monitoring for the user.
- Can handle user weight up to 300lbs
- It is lightweight yet very sturdy and stable
- Allows the user to use it either way; a recumbent bike or a stationary bike
- Built-in arm resistance bands
- Easy folding mechanism
- 8-level adjustable resistance
- The handlebars are equipped with pulse sensors
- Includes a library with 10 on-demand virtual rides
- Compact space-saving design
- No such cons reported.
The BulbHead Slim cycle stationary bike fulfils the requirement for three different workout equipment in just one. It can either be used as a recumbent or a stationary bike or with the arm resistance bands it can be used for upper body workouts as well. Moreover, with its affordable price range, unique features, and optimum resistance power, it is an ideal pick for both beginners and intermediates.
9. HARISON Stationary Upright Exercise Bike
The HARISON stationary upright exercise bike is built with a high-quality solid frame that can handle user weight up to 350lbs. Its special baked paint coating protects it from rust, corrosion and other environmental harms.
Despite being a heavy-duty bike, it takes very little floor space. And meanwhile, its low centre of gravity ensures excellent stability even during intense workout sessions. It comes with 14 levels of magnetic resistance that allows the user to adjust the cycling power from beginners’ level paddling to intense workout sessions. At the same, it eliminates friction and promotes a smooth pedalling motion.
The leather padded breathable seat is designed for utmost user comfort. Also, the seat offers 4-way adjustment flexibility (up/down/forward/backwards) and can be easily customized to fit for different arm length and height.
Its secured grip handlebars are integrated with pulse sensors that monitor your pulse rate as you hold on to them. The 2-in-1 LCD console displays speed, RPM, calories burned, distance covered, pulse rate and time. In contrast, the accessory holder just above it provides considerable space to hold Tablet or I-pads.
- Its low center gravity mechanism makes it stable.
- 14 level magnetic resistance
- Noise-free and smooth operations
- Anti-slip paddle cage
- Built-in wheels for easy relocation
- It has enough accessory space
- Goal setting function at the LCD console
- Anti-rust and corrosive coating
- 4-way adjustable seat
- Pulse sensor at the handlebars
The HARISON stationary upright exercise bike is one of the best picks for your home gym despite your fitness level. On the performance front, its resistance levels provide excellent functionality for beginners as well as athletes. Moreover, at this price range, it is an ideal pick.
10. Magnetic Upright Bike Marcy NS-40504U
The Marcy Magnetic upright bike is a piece of slim and compact equipment that fits perfectly anywhere in your home. It is built with steel tubing and covered with anti-rust and corrosive paint that makes it highly durable.
With adjustable levellers at the base, it offers stability even at uneven surfaces. It comes with 8 levels magnetic resistance system that can be customized as to minimize or intensify the cycling experience. It can be easily relocated anywhere in the house with the help of the built-in wheels. The machine can handle user weight up to 300lbs.
This exercise bike has integrated foam handles that ensures firm grip and prevents slipping. Its seat can be levelled at 4 different heights as per user requirement. With adjustable strapped paddles, it ensures safe and comfortable paddling experience throughout. Moreover, the pedals are not widely separated; thus, it minimizes the pressure on the knees.
A wide LCD console is integrated that shows speed, distance, RPM, time and calories burned data throughout the workout session.
- User weight capacity 300lbs.
- Firm grip handlebar
- 8 level magnetic resistance
- A slim and compact build-up
- Height adjustable seat
- Safe and comfortable paddles
- Wide LCD console
- No pulse sensor
- The highest resistance level is still not very intense
The Marcy NS-40504U Magnetic upright bike is an ideal pick for beginners who are looking forward to building their own home gym. Designed for light to medium workouts, it can handle the considerable weight and is suitable for those who have budget concerns.
This was the reviews for 10 Best Stationary Exercise Bikes in 2020. We have tried to cover the ones that are best on performance, justify the budget, provide functional features, and have genuine customer feedback. We hope you will find all the information mentioned in this article helpful and relevant. Get your Exercise Bike Today!!!