Exercising has evolved over the years and the modern day fitness enthusiasts are equipped with better tools and machines. Recumbent Bikes have become quite popular because of several reasons. They are found to be ideal for a quick warm-up and even perfect for a solid and intense workout.
Recumbent bikes have a chair like a seat with comfortable seating and lumbar support, and unlike upright models, they do not cause stressor sore on the body. They are excellent for cardiovascular routines and supports well in weight loss and strength building journey.
A lot of affordable and worthy models of recumbent exercise bikes are available online where you can pick them for the best of the prices. Amongst them all, we have shortlisted the 13 Best Recumbent Bikes of 2021 that we found the most trustworthy, reliable, affordable and functional. Here is the best fitness equipment for your home gym reviewed.
Please note: The price of the product mentioned here may differ from the price on-site. Please check there once before making any purchase.
1. Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series 270
The Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series 270 is the advanced model of its earlier two versions. The 270 model comes with 25 resistance levels which provide the user with a wide range of adjustable intensity. It is equipped with 29 pre-set workout programs with 12 profiles and 4 custom user options. The pre-set feature offers diverse options including distance training programs, interval workouts, heart rate-controlled workouts and more.
This recumbent bike is equipped with contoured, well-ventilated seat with a padded bottom that increases the comfort to a whole new level. With an easy lever control at the right side, the seat can be adjusted smoothly back and forth to fit well for users of different shapes and sizes. It is equipped with a perimeter-weighted flywheel and a high inertia drive system that ensures smooth start and consistent operations for a good workout flow.
This 270 series bike is equipped with a highly modern and technical display console that lets you control the entire unit with few simple touches. It lets the user choose between the pre-set workouts, resistance, user profiles, incline/decline, and various other features. The console has built-in speakers, MP3 port, charging cable and an adjustable fan that adds into user comfort.
- Most comfortable seat and backrest amongst all
- 25 resistance levels for varied intensity
- 29 pre-set workouts
- 4 custom user option for maintaining separate profiles and saving personal data
- A LCD control screen for increased user convenience
- Highly Stable unit sticks to the ground
- Smooth and noise-free operations
- The sound system along with tab holder, bottle holder, 3-speed fan and more.
- Provides extreme value for money
- Not suitable for users more than 6′ feet
The Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series 270 is an impressive unit that provides good value to all its claims. It has a spacious and breathable seat which keeps the user comfortable during intense session. In fact, it has enough programs, features, and resistance levels that various high-priced recumbent bikesdo not, making it great for home gym.
2. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
The Marcy Recumbent exercise bike has an ergonomically designed high-density padded seat that supports a proper body posture and provides increased comfort to the back and arms. The seat can be adjusted back and forth to fit users of any leg size. It uses magnetic resistance featuring 8 levels of adjustment to fit for beginners and seasoned users alike. The resistance could be changed conveniently via a knob control.
The recumbent bike is equipped with large textured counterbalanced pedals and a safety strap covering which ensures to keep your feet secure even during an intense pedalling session. With the counterbalanced designed, both the pedals are weighted equally so that your feet gets extra support and control.
This Marcy exercise bike is made up of a heavy-duty 14-gauge steel tubing that provides the entire structure with strength and stability. The entire steel frame has a powder-coated finish that is ideal for resisting environmental damage, rust, corrosion, and scratches. The bike guides the users with time, speed, calories burned, distance, and odometer data through a LCD screen placed at the front. For easy relocation, the machine is equipped with transport wheels at the front end.
- Comfortable seat with back and forth adjustment positions
- 8 level magnetic resistance via knob control
- Counterbalanced pedals for extra support and comfort
- High quality and durable construction
- Powder coating for safety from any or every environmental damage
- LCD screen with a clearer display
- Front wheels for easy movability
- Affordable, value for money
- Smaller footprints
- Users with short legs might find it uncomfortable to ride
- The backrest is not adjustable
The Marcy Recumbent exercise bike features 8 resistance variables and hence would fit well for light to moderate intensity workout. It is versatile enough to fit well for users of different leg sizes. The unit is cost effective considering the useful features it offers and hence is a steal to go for.
3. Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR Folding Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR Folding Recumbent bike has a heavy-duty and durable steel frame that provides it with extended strength and stability. It is equipped with a 3 piece ‘high torque’ cranking system that helps in maintaining a smooth and consistent pedalling form whereas its dial transmission flywheel system provides for a higher resistance workout. It comes with 8-level adjustable resistance which can be controlled via tension knob given at the front.
This folding recumbent bike is equipped with a wide cushioned seat and an ideally sized backrest that can fit user of various sizes. The seat can be adjusted for users from 5’2 to 6’5 feet using a knob control placed below the seat itself. It is equipped with handles on either side of the seat with hand pulse sensor that targets the heart rate while in function.
When not in use, the unit can easily get folded into half of its original size and hence can be stored anywhere in the corner of the room. The bike altogether can handle user weight of up to 400lbs. It has a wide and clear display screen at the front that indicates real-time data, including calories burned, time, scan, speed, distance, pulse, and odometer.
- Extremely strong and durable frame.
- Smaller footprints.
- Smooth, consistent, and noise-free pedalling motion.
- Large enough paddles with safety straps.
- Wide enough adjustable seats, ideal for users of different shapes and sizes.
- Impressive 400lbs user weight resistance.
- Wide and clear display screen.
- Foldable design (into half) for easy storage.
- Affordable, value for money.
- Not comfortable for larger users as claimed
- The seat is a little hard, which might give discomfort during longer sessions.
The Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR Folding Recumbent Bike is a sturdy, smooth, space saver, silent and efficient unit to buy, below $200. It has decent features that would satisfy users of all and every fitness levels and can become the perfect home gym.
4. EXERPEUTIC 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
The EXERPEUTIC 900XL recumbent bike comes with an oversized seat and backrest to fit well for users of different sizes. The seat can be adjusted back and forth to fit for users of height between 5’3 feet to 6’6 feet easily. It features 8 levels magnetic resistance, which can easily be adjusted via knob control given at the front of the bike.
The unit is equipped with hand pulse sensors at the front that targets the heart rate zone and displays real-time data on the LCD screen. Apart from heart rate, the LCD window displays other data as well, including distance, calories burned, time, and speed. Meanwhile, with the hand pulse sensors at the front, the unit can be used as both recumbent and upright exercise bike.
This recumbent bike is equipped with precision-balanced flywheel, V-belt drive, and smooth torque system that ensures smoother and noise-free operations throughout. The unit has textured pedals with safety cage that keeps your feet from slipping off during intense workout session as well. Furthermore, it also includes transport wheels at the front for easy movability.
- Oversized seat and backrest, comfortable for users of different size.
- Adjustable seat can fit well for users of 5’3 to 6’6 feet.
- 8 levels, easy to adjust magnetic resistance.
- LCD screen with big and clear display.
- Hand pulse sensors at the front.
- It can be used as both recumbent and upright exercise bike.
- Smoother and noise-free operations.
- Front wheels for easy movability.
- Textured pedals with safety cages for a firm and anti-slip footing.
- Seat adjustment can be very tricky at times
- The extra-wide seat might feel a bit uncomfortable to some users during longer sessions
The EXERPEUTIC 900XL recumbent bike is an inexpensive deal that provides enough features and functionality for the price. With handles at the front, it can be used more than only like a recumbent bike and make workouts a lot more fun and effective.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent bike features 8 resistance levels which can be controlled via knob adjuster. It provides excellent resistance for beginners and intermediates; however, the intensity might lack somewhere for well-skilled users. It comes with a well-positioned comfortable seat that can be adjusted conveniently from the handle provided at the right side.
The handlebars on either side are equipped with pulse sensors which tracks and displays your real-time heart rate during the workout. A multifunctional screen at front displays data, including time, speed, distance, calories, pulse, and odometer. The unit provides with handlebars at the front as well and hence supports for multi-positioned workout routines.
This recumbent bike is equipped with self-levelling pedals that stay on the same level for easy access so that one can easily slide their feet in. Its front-end has in-built wheels that support in the easy relocation and movability of the unit.
- 8 levels, knob control magnetic resistance.
- The sturdy and strengthened unit.
- Ideal for users up to 6’6 feet.
- Wide seat with position adjustment handle.
- Pulse sensors at either of the back handle, extra handlebars at the front.
- Self-levelling pedals for easy access.
- Affordable, value for money.
- Built-in wheels for easy movability.
- Cheap and basic display
- The seat is not as comfortable as claimed
The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike is suitable for beginners and intermediate fitness users. The unit is quite adjustable to fit well for users up to 6’6 feet. It is stable, easy to assemble, and can be used comfortably by old adults.
6. Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike offers the users with 16 levels of magnetic resistance for smooth to a challenging riding experience. The resistance can be adjusted via a knob control given on the front of the unit. It can handle user weight up to 380lbs, which is quite impressive then various other models in the range.
This recumbent bike features a fully adjustable seat so that it fits well for individual user size and provide a convenient leg gap. A lever adjuster beneath the seat lets you move the seat back and forth and lock it for a secured experience. Its textured paddles with strap cage make the feet stay at the position and keeps them from slipping off during an intense workout session.
The Vanswe Recumbent bike works upon double belt and the needle roller bearing system that provides with a smooth, comfortable, and noise-free operations. It has a digital display screen at the front which tracks the data including speed, distance, time, calories burned and heart rate (via sensor integrated handles). With ergonomic handles at the front, the bike can be used within various positions as per user comfort. It has in-built wheels at front base that supports for easy relocation when not in use.
- 16 level adjustable resistance via knob control.
- Fully adjustable seat for users of different sizes.
- Textured paddles with strap cage for holding the feet at position.
- Smooth, comfortable, and noise-free operations.
- Wide and clear display with tablet holder attached.
- Handlebars are provided with the seat and in the front as well.
- Value for money.
- Built-in wheels for easy relocation.
- The seat could have been more comfortable.
- Not ideal for an intense cycling session.
The Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike is an ideal unit for moderate cycling usage with adjustable resistance. It is strong enough to handle 380lbs of user weight and up to 6’5 feet of height. It is a comfortable unit for teenagers and old adults.
7. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness recumbent exercise bike is recommended for multiple exercises because of the arm exercisers included. It is equipped with big movable handlebars that move back and forth along with the pedaling motion and supports for low-impact arm exercises as well. The handlebars come integrated with a pulse sensor, which tracks the per minute heartbeat data.
This exercising bike offers 8 levels of resistance within the pedaling process from smooth towards a challenging workout. The pedals within are wide with a textured surface and adjustable strap that keep your feet from skidding or slipping even during an intense pedaling motion. This heavy-duty, sturdy steel frame can handle maximum user weight up to 350lbs.
Its wide seat and supportive backrest ensure enhanced comfort and help the user maintain correct posture. A layer of extra padding ensures proper blood flow in the glutes and relieves the pressure points which might feel stiff during an extended workout session. The seat can easily be adjusted back and forth to fit well for users of different leg size.
- Includes big exercising arms.
- Sensor equipped handlebars.
- 8 level of adjustable resistance, controlled via knob button.
- Wide pedals with adjustable strap to fit any shoe size.
- Supports user weight up to 350lbs.
- Comfortable/ adjustable seat and backrest, ideal for long sessions.
- Built-in wheels for easy movability.
- Bigger footprints
- Might be uncomfortable for small users
The Sunny Health & Fitness recumbent bike can be your preferable pick if you have enough space in your home gym. The unit is quite bulky and ideal for users of around 350lbs easily. With arm exercisers attached, it is ideal for picking for some low-impact upper body exercises well.
8. MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike
The MaxKare Recumbent bike is equipped with a precision-balanced flywheel system that ensures, safer, smoother and extremely quiet operations. It offers 8 levels of resistance (1-2 gentle, 3-5 mid, 6-8 highly intense) which can easily be adjusted through a dial control given at the front of the unit. It can handle maximum user weight up to 300lbs.
The seat and backrest are layered with high-density foam and smooth leather covering, which increases the comfort and helps in maintaining a correct sitting posture. The seat can be easily moved back and forth via lever handle so that it fits well for users of various shapes and sizes. The handlebars adjoining the seat have a vinyl foam coating that ensures solid, non-slip grip and can withstand regular usage without getting damaged.
It has a LCD monitor at the front which displays clear and real-time data, including calories, burned, time, distance, speed, and heart rate (via sensors on the handlebar). When not in use, it can easily be relocated through the built-in wheels given at the front base of the unit.
- Appreciable resistance distribution
- Smooth and extremely quiet operations
- Soft and wide adjustable seat
- Anti-slip handlebar grip, won’t get damaged with hand sweat.
- LCD screen with a clearer display
- Heart rate sensors at the handle grip
- Wide paddles with adjustable strap cage
- Built-in wheels for easy movability
- Affordable, value for money
- Placing a tablet or phone on the accessory tray will hide the entire LCD monitor.
- The seat could have been a little more comfortable.
The MaxKare Recumbent bike is an ideal fit for your home gym with decent performance, good stability, and durability at an affordable price. The resistance here is thoughtfully distributed amongst different levels and is ideal for both regular and intense sessions.
8. Nautilus Recumbent Bike Series R616
The Nautilus Recumbent Bike Series R616 is highly comfortable equipment with a well-ventilated backrest and wide enough seat. The seat is well fitted over a rail and can be inclined/declined as per user requirement, body posture, and size. With the high inertia flywheel, a perimeter weighted high speed, and belt drive system it ensures a smooth, silent, and comfortable riding experience.
It offers 25 resistance levels, ideal for a customized ride with varied intensity options. Its oversized pedals with adjustable strap cage maintain its feet position and keep them from slipping off even during an intense workout session. The unit is made up of a high-density steel frame and can handle a maximum user weight of up to 300lbs.
This recumbent exercise bike has an interactive blue backlit LCD console equipped with 29 pre-set workout programs ranging from rolling hills, ridding parks, stairs, pyramids, and much more. It also lets the user set and tracks their performance while maintaining personal profiles. Some additional features include Bluetooth connectivity, USB charging port, built-in speakers, cooling fan, transport wheels, bottle holder, and a media rack.
- 25 levels of adjustable resistance
- 29 pre-set workout programs with the help of LCD console
- Super comfortable, backrest and adjustable seat
- Oversized pedals with adjustable straps
- Smooth, comfortable, and whisper-quiet pedalling operations
- High-density and stable steel frame
- Enough accessory holding racks
- Slightly expensive
- Its seat is well built but lacks in padding which might make you feel slightly uncomfortable after 45 minutes of regular usage
The Nautilus Recumbent Bike Series R616 is one of the high performing units with cutting edge technology, solid frame, comfortable seating, and varied resistance. It is one of the premium equipment that offers both style and features.
10. JEEKEE Recumbent Exercise Bike for Adults Seniors
The JEEKEE Recumbent bike is one of the quietmachines in the range supported by the dual-belt mechanism system that drives the flywheel. Its two-way external magnetic flywheel technology ensures smoother riding experience and provides strength to the unit. It offers 8 levels of magnetic resistance that begins with regulating the blood circulation and maximizes towards strengthening multiple body muscles.
The exercise bike is equipped with a wide seat and large backrest that provides utmost user comfort by taking away the pressure of the spine and tail bone. Around the seat, it provides with two ergonomic handle grips with heart rate sensors that add to user’s performance. The seat can be adjusted to 9 different positions simply by rotating and securing the knob beneath.
Both the pedals are caged with adjustable straps so that one can fit their feet well despite the size. The straps help in keeping the feet at the place and holds them from slipping off. It also features a multifunctional LCD console that shows real-time data including pulse rate, distance, calories burned, time, speed etc. The monitor again is designed to hold a mobile phone or tablet as well.
- Low frame, great for senior adults for mounting and dismounting.
- Sturdy and stable unit.
- Extra quiet and smooth riding experience.
- Wide and thick cushioned seat for maintaining comfort during extended sessions.
- 9 seat adjustable positions ideal for everybody size.
- Clear LCD console with gadget holder.
- Placing a gadget would completely block the console view
The JEEKEE Recumbent bike has a low frame and thus is ideal for senior adults and users with injury or are in rehabilitation. The resistance levels are well designed with beginners to challenging mode, making it suitable for users of all fitness level.
11. ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
The ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike is a low-impact cardio unit that can handle maximum user weight up to 275lbs. It features a wide seat and backrest with 2″ layered foam padding and durable vinyl upholstery that provides the user with the required comfort and would last long without getting damaged. The seat is adjustable and can move back and forth over the aluminum rail so that one can lock it in the desired position via a lever handle. It has two sets of handlebars, one beside the seat and the other attached with the console bar.
It offers 18 levels of adjustable resistance which can easily be controlled via buttons provided at the LCD console. The starting levels provide very little resistance ideal for elders, beginners or users with physical issues, whereas the end levels provide high intense cardio experience. Due to almost no friction between the brake pad and the flywheel, the machine works noise-free.
The unit is equipped with equally weighted pedals with a non-slip textured surface and adjustable straps so that your feet stay in position despite the intensity of the workout. Its LCD console displays clear time, speed, calories, watts, and similar data. The console also features audio jack and a device holder so one can add up entertainment during the session.
- Stable and strong design, stuck to the ground
- Low impact build up, ideal for senior adults and user in recovery mode
- Comfortable seat with position adjustment options
- Completely no noise operations
- 18 resistance levels, controlled digitally via console
- 18 pre-set workout programs divided as per the resistance
- Enough accessory holding racks
- Built-in speakers
- 275 lbs maximum user weight resistance is considerably low at this price range.
- The heart rate sensors would have been better placed on the handlebars adjoining the seat.
The ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike is a mid-ranged comfortable unit ideal for users of all fitness levels. The unit is build keeping comfort in focus, and thus it can be an ideal unit for senior adults. Even with individuals undergoing rehabilitation, this is a great choice for home gym.
12. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike
The Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike offers 8 levels of adjustable resistance, from smooth pedalling to an intense workout experience. It has a wide and comfortable seat that minimizes pressure on back joints and helps in maintaining the required posture.
The unit has 2 pairs of foam-covered handlebars, one adjoining the seat and the other attached to the console. The length of this bike can be adjusted by locking the base frame closer or far. It also contributes to minimizing the footprints so that it can be stored even in a small room.
A basic, compact yet clear console is attached at the front of the bike which tracks and displays data including time, speed, distance, calories and odometer. When not in use, the bike can easily be relocated through the in-built transport wheels at the front base.
- Very solid and sturdy frame.
- Quiet and smooth operations.
- Extra comfortable and well-aligned seat/backrest.
- In-built wheels for easy relocation.
- Smaller footprints and light-weighted unit.
- Wide, anti-slip paddle with adjustable straps
- No pulse sensors.
- Basic console.
- No accessory holder.
The Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike is one basic entry-level unit, ideal for beginners to add in their home gym arsenal. It is strong, sturdy, lightweight with extremely small footprints (adjustable) so can fit well in small rooms as well.
13. Exerpeutic 2500 Bluetooth 3 Way Adjustable Desk Recumbent Exercise Bike
This Exerpeutic recumbent bike is one of the most comfortable and functional equipment that is equipped with an adjustable desktop rack so that one can work and exercise at the same time. It features an oversized AIRSOFT technology seat with breathable fabric that keeps the rider cool for hours. Both the seat (free positions) and backrest (3 positions) are adjustable so that it fits well for users of different sizes and adds into their comfort.
It offers 14 levels of resistance from smooth pedalling to intense cardio support. Its internal magnetic flywheel system supports smooth pedalling and allows increasing or decreasing the level without creating any noise or blockage.
Its display console is compact and attached to the desktop itself. With the Bluetooth sync feature, it lets you connect with the MyCloudFitness app through your smart device. It has wide pedals with a textured surface and adjustable straps that hold your feet well despite the size.
- Built-in adjustable desktop rack.
- Thick, breathable, and highly comforting seat.
- Adjustable seat and backrest.
- 14 levels of well-distributed resistance controlled via a knob.
- Equally weighted pedals with adjustable cage, anti-skid textured surface.
- It can sync with the MyCloudFitness app.
- No pulse sensor.
- Extremely small console.
This Exerpeutic recumbent bike is a highly comfortable unit with one of the best seats + backrest in function and various adjustable options. With 14 resistance levels and an in-built desktop, it supports for a mild cardio workout + workday together.
These were the top 13 models for the Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes of 2021, which can be an excellent addition for your home gym. Our study suggests the best models must have well-distributed resistance, comfortable and adjustable seating, wide and equally weighted pedals. It also must include some built-in features like heart rate sensors, real-time tracker and display console, accessory holding space and quiet + smooth functioning. Make sure the one you choose consists majority of the above mentioned features.